Thursday, May 1, 2008

Finding One's Subject

Purely by chance, my next post will be about a submission to the Missouri Review as well. This one is in the current issue, Spring 2008. It's a lovely, poignant essay by Jarald Walker, and it's called "The Mechanics of Being." It's about his blind father, but it's also about finding your material as a writer, as well as the proper use of that material. Good luck to him, and good luck to us all.


http://www.missourireview.com/content/dynamic/text_detail.php?text_id=1959

2 comments:

  1. Hello Seana,
    I'm not trying to be creepy, or anything, but are you the same Seana Graham who wrote "The Pirate's True Love" that was in Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet #17? My friend is a big fan and is sending me the story, but I was interested in looking up your other stuff as well, which is how I found this blog.
    As I said, not trying to be creepy--just curious. I just finished up my MFA in Creative Writing (popular fiction concentration), so my writer's radar is working on overtime. :)
    Thanks!
    Allison Adams
    Portland, ME
    ahartmanadams@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete