Thursday, September 16, 2010

Did I say short stories?

Well, yes, once upon a time, I did. Initially I thought this blog was going to be devoted to them, but it's evolved, or devolved, into something else. However, I've recently come across a couple of pieces of Flash fiction that are clever and enjoyable, and that you can sandwich in pretty much anytime.

Here's Sean Patrick Reardon's  "Night Games" over at Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers, and Dorte Jakobsen's  "Alley Cats" and Daily Newsover at the intriguing Ubud Writers and Readers Festival, which seems to operate in both English and Indonesian!

Anyway, all three of these stories are nice and twisty...Not to say twisted.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I've never seen that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither. I found it through Sean's site. And the other's through Dorte's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I have been thinking small recently, speculating that electronic distribution of reading material could foster short fiction, so I'll interestedin checking out these examples.
    ==========================
    Detectives Beyond Borders
    "Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
    http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete