Monday, October 15, 2012

Malala

I seem to be on kind of  a roll here with women's issues right now. I thought I'd link to the XX Factor piece on why the Taliban fear teenage girls, which is short and good. I was glad to see that Pakistan's populace turned out in prayer and sympathy for Malala Yousafzai,  a fourteen girl who was shot in the head by, well, misogynists, basically because she was more intelligent, articulate and charming than they are. To give them any greater political credence would be to flatter them.

Half the sky, people. Half the sky.

Footnite: I don't usually use this blog for advocacy, but if you'd like you can head on over to Avaaz, and sign their petition calling for the education of all girls in Pakistan.   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Seana, for sharing this important news and information. My heart goes out to that brave girl and her family. - Janet

    ReplyDelete