Monday, August 26, 2013

"The bravery and foolishness of the youth is not something to be toyed with.”

"The bravery and foolishness of the youth is not something to be toyed with.”
~ Leslie Norman, ECSU student on the Rachel Maddow show 8/22/13

I was walking out of the room as I heard this said on the Rachel Maddow show. It was a bit of a sound bite and I never actually saw the speaker. This was in the context of a section of the show about the voter's rights battle in North Carolina. Nevertheless, I was struck by the precision and eloquence of the statement.

I'm not so  naïve as to think that voting is always a fair fight, but I thought that at least people would pretend to play on a level playing field.

Youth, I guess it's up to you to change that.

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment